Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Night Fun - Matrilineal line

I came across a couple tweets tonight about  an exercise from Randy Seavers who's blog is here

Here is our mission!

1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.


What a great activity on the eve of Mothers day!

Diane (1949 - living) - Married Scott Neil- Kingston, Ontario
Jane Ann Shanks (1923 - 1992) Married James Cahill  - Scotland
Betsy Gaff (1894 - 1986) Married John Shanks - Scotland
Ann (I only have a name at this point)

I don't have much information about this part of my family.  Finding information in Scotland seems to be an expensive adventure!

I haven't had a DNA test done.



Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment