Just like a family tree, this award has been passed down a few "generations". It started with Ancestors Live here, was passed down to 10 bloggers from there, one of which was MountainGenealogy. Then handed down to 10 more. I am very grateful to be one of the recipients from The Family Curator. The links provided will give you the "sources"...so click away! :)
The Ancestor Approved Award asks that the recipient list ten things you have learned about any of your ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlighted you and pass the award along to ten other bloggers who you feel are doing their ancestors proud.
I have been humbled....
- by my relatives that have served in the military (WWI and WWII)
- by relatives that moved away from their families to North America to presumably achieve a better life.
- when learning about they way life was at different points in time
- to find so many hard working farmers in my family.
- finding other relatives that enjoy genealogy research too
- being able to pass along more family history to my daughter when she is old enough
- being a detective and continuing on my search.
I have been surprised....
- that so many of my relatives passed through the US at some point before or after being in Canada.
- that I ended up living in the same area where many ancestors lived in the past, without even knowing it until I moved here!
- how the spelling of surnames can change so many times
So now I will pass this award onto 10 more bloggers..
Some have probably already recieved the award which probably proves how much they deserve it!
Wee Tree - Amy Coffin
Dr. Bill Tells Ancestors - Dr. Bill
Genealogy Canada - Elizabeth
Canada Genealogy - M. Diane Rogers
Jacks Genealogy - Jack
The Family Griot
Turning of Generations - Michelle Goodrum
The Gene Gleaner - Katie
I think I only have the "twitter" of Canada Genealogy, if I'm already following you just let me know what your Twitter name is, or if I'm not let me know so I can!